Stella's Pregnancy & Birth Journey With Son

Hi mamas!


Today I wanted to share with you my pregnancy and birth journey with my son that was born just last month!


On December fourteenth two thousand twenty, my sister and I were shopping at Walmart, we had almost finished shopping when I felt a tug to go get a pregnancy test. I hadn’t been feeling any symptoms but I had been off of birth control for about two months and had been trying to get pregnant since getting off of birth control. When I got home from Walmart, I took a test right away and sure enough it was a positive!


I went to see the doctor right away because I was unsure of how far along I was. They checked me with an internal ultrasound and I ended up being about six weeks. My first trimester was pretty rough, I was very nauseous and felt sick off and on through the days. Potato chips and flavored water were my life savor! After getting past the first trimester my pregnancy flew by and was very smooth, which I am so grateful for. I was feeling so much better in the second trimester. I found out the sex of the baby at seventeen weeks. (Lena made me a cake, and we had a couple of family members over for the reveal that same day I found out). It was a boy! 


As I got further along, I started to experience quite a lot of heartburn and braxton hicks in the beginning of my third trimester. And of course it was very hard to move around! At my thirty seven week appointment I found out I was in early labor, contracting every seven minutes. Thinking I was going into labor any minute, I had my older sister stay with me. It actually took me a couple of more weeks to actually go into labor. In those couple of weeks, we took so many walks trying to get my labor started. The doctor and I decided to get induced at thirty nine weeks and two days. 


At ten in the morning on a Saturday I got to the hospital for my induction. I was having pretty consistent contractions so they started me on pitocin to make my contractions stronger, and to help me dilate. Every thirty minutes they would come and up my pitocin. By four in the afternoon the contractions were becoming more strong and painful, and I was at 3 cm dilated. I knew I wanted to get an epidural (I had had one with my daughter and for me it was definitely worth it) so by five thirty in the evening I was dilated at 6 cm, and got my epidural then. After receiving that epidural I relaxed for a little bit. At seven in the evening my water broke, and sometime later my water bag came out (this was a moment that no one expected, it is very rare for the water bag to come out whole, all of the doctors and nurses that were working that night came and took a look at it), at this moment I was ten cm dilated. I only pushed twice and then our little boy was here! It was such a special moment that I will always remember!


We stayed at the hospital for about a day and a half,and came home the following Monday. My daughter Astrid was at home to greet her baby brother. At first she didn’t know what to think, and threw her binkey across the room. But she warmed up to him so fast, and became so loving towards him. She is always right there with him, patting him so gently and giving him kisses. It is so cute to watch, and I can’t wait to watch them grow up together, and see their sibling bond! 


My sweet boy is now four weeks old! I can’t wait for you to be with me as I go through motherhood with my daughter, and my son!



Love, Stella

Comments

Popular Posts